President Shri. Parmil Mittal and Friends, I have great pleasure in presenting before you our 69th Annual Report on the working of our Association during the year 2018-19
1. Executive Committee Meetings : I am pleased to inform you that this year we had 6 meetings of the Executive Committee which were very well attended by the members.
2. Sub Committees : This year we formed 3 Sub-Committees which met from time to time to discuss the issues mandated to them. The Committees included Membership Screening Committee, Public Relations/Library, Institution Co-ordination Committee, Grievances Cell was constituted last year.
3. DSBPA News and Achievements :
a. Librarian’s Day Celebration : DSBPA had conducted Librarians` Day Celebrations at India International Center. The event was well organized and as many as 75 Librarians from different institutions, departments and ministries graced the occasion with their valuable presence. Dr. Sachhidanand Joshi, Member Secretary, IGNCA was the chief guest along with Dr. Pardeep Rai, Sr. President ILA, & Dr. O.N. Chaubey, Genl. Secretary were other dignitaries who shared the dais. The main purpose of organizing this event was to bridge the gap between the Libraries and the book trade and to conquer the future, scaling all the distances occurred so far, going hand in hand.
b. Custom/Post Office Problem : During the executive committee meetings, some of our members put up their problems related with Post Office. The matter was discussed at length and accordingly the same was brought up to the notice of Postal authorities to sort out the problems faced by our members.
c. New Members & Membership Certificate : It is a matter of pride for all of us that our membership continues to grow and currently we have over 480 members in our family. The membership certificates have already been issued to those members who have paid their subscription for the current year.
d. Import Duty on Books : DSBPA has taken up this matter very strongly and in order to counter this challenge we have appealed PMO, several ministries, Leader of Opposition Lok Sabha and also we have roped in FICCI to raise this matter before the government.
4. Accounts : The Audited Annual Accounts for the year 2018-19 were adopted by the Executive Committee. A copy of the same is annexed herewith.
5. Acknowledgements : I offer my sincere thanks to our President Mr. Parmil Mittal and all other office bearers for their continued support during the year. I would also like to thank all our executive members for attending the Executive Committee meetings and offering their valuable suggestions. I thank all our DSBPA members for participating in DSBPA activities and offering their valuable feedback from time to time.
Once again I acknowledge the services of Mr. Umesh Chander Saxena, our Executive Secretary and his colleagues at DSBPA office.
21.09.2019 KARTIK RAJ KUSHVAH